Give to Lincoln Day is a 24-hour online and offline giving event for organizations and foundations in Lincoln and Lancaster County. The goal is to raise as much within a 24-hour period beginning at midnight on Thursday, May 28.
For the first time, NLAC will participate in Give to Lincoln Day accepting donations for the Hispanic Heritage Month State Commemoration 2015.
The Annual Hispanic Heritage Month State Commemoration honors the contributions of Nebraska’s Hispanic population through awareness and education with an open event. This Commemoration takes place in the Capitol Building during the fall between September 15 and October 15.
The event features a Keynote Speaker, an essay contest for students of all backgrounds and ethnicities, and public recognition of individuals and organizations who have made a difference in their community. Students who win the essay contests are awarded scholarships to encourage their continuing education, and essays become part of the Hispanic Heritage Month exhibit.
The Commemoration is supported by public donations and sponsorships; all accompanying activities are open to the public. Your donation to the Fund will go toward:
- 1. Scholarships to Nebraskan students in middle school, high school, and college
- 2. Commemoration Keynote Speakers relevant to Hispanic Heritage Month
- 3. Public exhibits on the history of Latinos in Nebraska
- 4. Fund field trips for local schools to attend the Commemoration
- 5. Create a paid internship position with a college or university in Lincoln
Donations can be made online or at the Latino American Commission office located on the 6th floor of the Capitol Building in Lincoln (please drop off donations by 4:30 p.m.) or in person at the Lincoln Community Foundation at 215 Centennial Mall in Lincoln from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Latino-American Commission will host a Quarterly Meeting on Saturday, June 6, 2015.
The meeting will take place at the historic Ferguson House located at 700 S. 16th Street in Lincoln, Nebraska.
The meeting will be from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and is open to the public. Time will be allocated for public comments within the first hour of the meeting. We encourage those wishing to speak to call our office ahead of time, in effort to provide better accommodations.
The agenda for the Quarterly Meeting will be kept concurrent and made available for public inspection at the Commission's office. For further information, please contact us at (402) 471-2791.
The State of Nebraska Governor's Office has released a list of current and upcoming openings on Boards and Commissions that are appointed by the Governor.
If interested, please complete the online application prior to the end of the month of their deadlines. Upcoming Deadlines:
- Dry Bean Commission
- Liquor Control Commission
- Motor Vehicle Industry Licensing Board
- State College System Board of Trustees - Student Representatives
- Accountability & Disclosure Commission
- Corn Development, Utilization & Marketing Board
- Environmental Quality Council
- Nebraska Exchange Stakeholder Commission
- Grape & Winery Board
- Commission on Housing & Homelessness
- Commission on Industrial Relations
- Nebraska Library Commission
- Commission on Problem Gambling
- Wheat Development, Utilization & Marketing Board
- Women's Health Initiative Advisory Council
- Nebraska Youth Council
If you have questions about requirements for any of the Boards or Commissions listed please contact Kathleen Dolezal at 402-471-1971 or email: Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org